Friday, March 6, 2009

An Introduction

Welcome to Jacobs' Tax Angles

I've created this blog to serve as a platform for some of my personal views about taxes, politics, economics and an assortment of related topics. 

By way of introduction, I'm a tax author, teacher and accountant with a primary focus on international tax law. 

As an author I write and self publish books, reports and a web site dealing with asset protection and taxes. I have a second web site that provides information for those who have an interest in my professional services. 

Unlike a great many tax professionals, I do not look forward to more tax laws and regulations which represent opportunities for more work. I would much prefer to eliminate the Federal income tax by repealing the 16th amendment to the Constitution and to repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Despite my seemingly bizarre political views, I'm a long time student of the U.S. tax system and am aware of the heavy handed penalties that can be imposed on those who deviate from compliance with the law.

I am not an advocate of an assortment of "tax protester" theories that have been summarily and repeatedly rejected by the U.S. courts. Instead, I assist taxpayers who wish to avoid problems with the IRS by complying with the tax law and I limit my somewhat controversial  opinions to the written word where I have at least a modicum of protection via the First Amendment. 

Vern Jacobs
www.vernonjacobs.com
www.offshorepress.com



No comments:

Post a Comment